End responsibility for the regional programme in line with global Rikolto policies, strategies and guidelines, taking into account the regional context. This means:
- Leading the implementation of the 2017-21 Strategy and Programmes (currently focused on rice and horticulture)
- Leading the further development of strategies and policies to have greater impact on food system development in the Region, including contributions to Rikolto’s international clusters and working groups.
- Leading Rikolto’s Inclusive Business approach to ensure that new win-win business models are developed between food chain actors (farmer’s organisations and private companies)
- Leading strategic planning on working with food system and food smart city in Vietnam, including Da Nang, Hanoi, Bac Ninh, HCM city and Can Tho
- Leading up-scaling and structural change strategies at regional level
- Ensuring the regular and systematic assessment of the programme’s performance, and adjusting if needed, by using the Planning, Learning and Accountability system
- Enhancing partnerships with strategic partners, including CIAT, IFPRI, other research organizations/universities, World Bank, Phoenix, Loc Troi, etc. in implementing and developing Vietnam’s programme
Fundraising, Communications and Programme Development
- Lead Vietnam’s regional office’s fundraising strategy, internal and external communication strategy
- Deliver on the global priority to develop the financial autonomy of the regional office through fundraising and communications work.
- Ensure Rikolto is integrated into strategically relevant local and regional networks and ensure that Rikolto does not operate in (splendid) isolation.
- Represent Rikolto in the region and ensure the liaison between the region, Rikolto in Belgium and its key stakeholders (volunteers and donors)
- Support the programme team in developing contents for advocacy (e.g. policy briefs, case studies, toolboxes, research summaries) context analysis/programme development (e.g. academic research, questionnaires), and awareness-raising (e.g. consumer campaign) purposes
- Lead the preparation for expanding our Vietnam programme to the Southeast Asian region
Ensure strategic planning toward the transition to food system-focused intervention strategies. This entails:
- Planning and monitoring/coaching the implementation of strategies to develop Rikolto in Vietnam’s core values and businesses, including, for instance, participatory Guarantee Systems, Inclusive Business Relationships, Food Smart Cities, smart urban food governance, Sustainable Rice Production, Integrated rice farming system.
- Providing strategic, methodological and technical guidance to programme staff in designing, planning, implementing, monitoring and adjusting actions meant to achieve structural change
Management and change management
Ensure the successful functioning of the Rikolto office. This entails:
- the development of specific policies for the regional program (financial, HR, programmatic) in line with Rikolto global policies, and taking into account the regional context and legal framework
- End responsibility for the legal status of the regional office and its effective operation including financial and HR management
- Managing and inspiring the regional team
- Daily managing the programme development support team
- Being an active and visible coach to the team
Support the further evolution of the Region towards being a high performing and financially autonomous hub of the global network