We are looking for a global Donor Relations Manager who will provide advice & support to structurally embed the European Union as an important global partner in Rikolto's donor portfolio, by coordinating EU relationship building and proposal development, and by (co-) creating efficient and effective global tools & systems that optimise the management of EU-funded programmes
We are hiring a donor relations manager EU
We are hiring a donor relations manager EU
Healthy and sustainable food, today and in the future: that is what Rikolto is all about. From a fair income for the farmer to affordable, quality food for everyone. We connect citizens, farmers, companies, (knowledge) institutions and governments. Worldwide we are building innovative, inspiring initiatives that meet the global challenges around biodiversity, climate and inequality. In this way, we contribute to systemic solutions for food.
Rikolto is an international organisation with more than 40 years of experience in the agricultural and food sectors. We have 200 colleagues that set up collaborations between farmers' organisations and players in the food chain in 18 countries. We form a close network of open and competent people ready to work with anyone who wants to move forward.
What are your main responsibilities?
Provide global advice & support to Rikolto’s programme & management staff with regards to fundraising proposal development for EU, with the specific responsibilities of:
- Coordination of intelligence on EU as a donor, and on strategic partners with whom Rikolto can co-create EU funding proposals.
- Programme & management support for setting up communication and engagement plans towards EU delegations or strategic partners. In the case of the EU headquarters, you will take the lead in executing this engagement plan.
- Develop and/improve/update internal templates, guidelines and tools that can be used for EU proposal development; if needed, develop teaming agreements with strategic partners; also, ensure that global due diligence requirements are accessible for EU programme developers: annual reports, governance docs, track record, standard sections for proposals…
- Coach/train programme developers on the use of the above-mentioned fundraising tools & templates & guidelines
- In case of a global scope coordinate the EU proposal development. This means that you take the lead of temporary project teams (internal + external) to work on the proposal.
- Be the final link in presenting all proposals to the EU: final quality review & organising admin documents/signatures.
Provide global advice & support to Rikolto’s programme & management staff with regards to EU-funded programme implementation and reporting, with the specific responsibilities of
- Review of contracts & agreements with EU and MOUs with co-implementing partners, and advice on follow-up actions (plan for project start, for reporting, for fund disbursements…)
- Follow-up with programme staff regularly to track EU programme implementation
- Ensure that programme staff keeps the relationship with the EU alive through regular communication on project updates; in some cases, you will take on this communication directly
- Support programme directors to ensure that there is a quality reporting flow from field to EU: programme deliverables, accurate financial reports, and timely delivery; you will be responsible yourself for the final steps in this flow: final quality review and submission.
Contribute to Rikolto’s global fundraising processes, more specifically:
- Advice & follow-up on Rikolto’s fundraising strategies
- Coordinate, together with your colleague in the global support team, internal peer-to-peer learning on fundraising
- Onboarding new colleagues on Rikolto’s fundraising approach
How would we like you to reach your goals ?
In Rikolto the following skills are crucial:
- Teamwork: We collaborate with other members of formal and informal groups and take ownership of the team result. We communicate in an open and connective way. We develop ourselves and others through teamwork. In this job, this means working with the programme and support teams but also participating in ad hoc teams to develop winning fundraising proposals.
- Networking: We recognise opportunities and actively build up relationships. Having a good view of how to match donors’ expectations and objectives to Rikolto’s programmes is the essence of this job. Having robust relationships in and outside our organisation and being able to involve the right people is what helps us grow.
- Entrepreneurship: In a creative way, we take initiatives to improve our own work and the solutions we propose. Identify opportunities, look outside the box, get things done, from “A” to “Z.”
- Customer focus: For our internal and external customers: we make sure that customers get what or more than they expect. We deliver good quality, in a timely, flexible and well-organized manner. Communication is key. Our goal is to have delighted customers. This is about understanding what our internal and external customers need. And about delivering. Just as we see our partners as customers that we support, we also look at our donors as customers that are entitled to good service: clear proposals, professional execution of the programme, timely and transparent reporting, open communication.
- Self-leadership: We are aware of our strengths and weaknesses and able to regulate ourselves. Knowing yourself seriously helps. At Rikolto, we appreciate your strengths and try to accompany your further self-development.
- Reports to the Global Operations Director
- Job size: 100 %
- Contract: 2 years contract
- Location: In one of the Rikolto offices in Uganda or Tanzania,
- Occasional travelling may be required to the different Rikolto offices and to EU headquarters.
Our ideal candidate…
- Has a Master’s degree or equivalent by experience
- Feels comfortable and can excel in international contexts, (European) donor contexts, process management and coordination, and client-oriented environments. Experience is not a must but will be an asset in reaching results quickly.
- Certainly has experience and knowledge of the European donor context,
- Has strong networking and relationship-building skills,
- Very fluent in communicating, both orally and in writing (intercultural, diplomatic…)
- Likes to work with teams in a complex environment.
- Can bring clear structure in documents (knowledge of ‘Theory of Change’ and other proposal writing logics is a requirement)
- Has strong analytical, project management skills.
- Must be highly motivating, show leadership and be able to handle stress and changing environment.
- Must speak and write expert level English; for reviewing of documents written in French or Spanish, and for communication with an international team of colleagues, also an excellent level of these 2 languages would be a strong asset. Knowledge of Dutch is not a requirement.
- Has good financial insights (budgets, financial projections…)
- Is a team player, loves to collaborate with respect to others’ opinions and contributions
- Willing to learn and share lessons learnt.
If you want to apply, please send your motivation letter with cv to jobs.international [at] rikolto.org
Deadline for application: 31st of March, 2022
If you have questions, we are also available to book a Teams call.