As a MEL expert in the Global Support Team, you and another colleague will coordinate Rikolto's overall MEL system.
Your main role will be to support our colleagues around the world in operationalising Rikolto's MEL system in the Good Food for Cities programme. This will involve training and supporting them in the implementation of the different tools and methodologies as needed, and continuously improving these methodologies and tools to ensure sound planning, optimal accountability to stakeholders, critical self-reflection, organisational learning, improved performance and increased impact.
Concretely, you will have the following responsibilities:
Coordinate the overall M&E system and ensure its usefulness for the organisation:
- Development of methodologies and tools for policy design, planning and monitoring, data consolidation and visualisation, learning, accountability and building strong evidence for up-scaling.
- Ensure the coherence and continuous improvement of the overall MEL system. Ensure its compatibility with organisational change strategies and a level of rigour that meets accountability standards.
- Ensure that the information collected can be used for learning and strategic decision making (development of dashboards to monitor progress of programme implementation, etc.).
- Provide MEL related advice and feedback to global programme directors of Rikolto.
Coaching and capacity development of the programme staff of the Good Food for Cities programme
- Lead co-design of innovative MEL tools to measure programme results at citizen and enabling environment level (e.g. micro-narrative, storytelling, outcome harvesting, crowdsourcing tools, etc.).
- Coaching GF4C programme staff in identifying appropriate innovation-specific indicators and data collection methods to be used in up-scaling.
- Coach GF4C programme staff on MEL related topics (organisation of trainings, workshops, planning support, learning process support, etc.)
- Monitor internal capacity development needs and organise training for all staff with MEL responsibilities. Support the implementation of the MEL system
Global accountability and reporting
- Maintain the global MEL database and data visualisation platform.
- Coordinate global reporting processes and evaluations for global donors
- Final quality check of global donor reports in relation to MEL requirements (DGD, EU, etc.)
- Coordinate the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) reporting.
Connect with other organisations on M&E related matters:
- Liaise with other organisations and M&E experts to promote and share the M&E expertise and experience of the organisation and to learn from others.