The study determined that under the perspective of CIAT’s LINK and FAO’s NMI methodologies, this relationship can be considered an inclusive business. With technical and financial support from VECO Mesoamerica, Helvetas and Chocolats Halba, APROSACAO has achieved these results:
- It is part of the "Honduras Project" chocolate sold in Switzerland, which gives recognition to Honduran cocoa.
- Cocoa farming families generate 169 dollars in additional income.
- An additional $400 per ton is paid over international cocoa prices.
- 25% operating profit margin.
- 85% of the cocoa sold to Chocolats Halba is premium quality.
- Women are involved in the production of hand-made chocolates and postharvest activities, while young people have set up an organic fertilizer plant.